How to Install USAutomatic Linear Actuator to Mounting Bracket
An essential to your swing gate opener system, the linear actuator arm connects to the gate and hinge post with hardware and the operator with a cable. The actuator arm design includes a motor, gearbox limit switches, an extension tube, and an eight-foot wiring harness cable. With all these components, there are multiple installation steps. The installation process will be quick, easy, and successful if followed carefully.
Installing a Linear Actuator Arm to the Mounting Bracket
No matter the model of USAutomatic swing gate you have, assembling the actuator to the mounting bracket is simple. You will have received mounting hardware with your swing gate opener package. Included should be (2) bronze bushings, (2) nylon washers, (2) 3/8 in flat washers, a mounting tube, and a 3/8 in bolt and lock nut. Note that you must install the mounting bracket to the gate post before attempting the following steps.
- With the mounting bracket secured to the gate post, align the nylon washers with the holes on the end assembly of the actuator and then place the bronze bushings through the nylon washers.
- Carefully lift the actuator to the mounting tube on the gate post while holding the nylon washers and bronze bushings.
- Position the mounting tube over the end assembly with the washers and bushings in place.
- With the actuator arm in place, align a flat washer with the mounting tube and end assembly holes and place the 3/8 in bolt through the assembly.
- Place the remaining flat washer over the bolt on the underside of the assembly and secure it with the 3/8 in lock nut.
Note: For USAutomatic Patriot swing gate systems, when assembling the actuator arm and mounting bracket, the actuator may be installed upside down to facilitate limit adjustments. Once all adjustments have been made, install the actuator arm correctly with the cable pointing downwards. Otherwise, water may enter and damage the rear housing and limit assembly.
Ranger Actuator Arm to Mounting Bracket Assembly
Patriot Actuator Arm to Mounting Bracket Assembly
For continued instruction for USAutomatic linear actuator arm installation, check out the following articles.
- How to Install USAutomatic Linear Actuator to Gate Bracket
- How to Connect USAutomatic Linear Actuator Cable to the Control Box
- 8 Steps to Splice USAutomatic Linear Actuator Cables for Dual Gate Systems
For further information about USAutomatic products, packages, and replacement parts, please get in touch with our friendly sales representatives. They are happy to help in any way they can!Contact Us